WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Security Webcast Series

From: "Evans, Arian" <Arian.Evans () fishnetsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:51:18 -0600

I will be covering roughly 37 tools, maybe more, including binary
and source code analyzers, and fault injection tools, at the OWASP
2005 conference. This includes the new "webified" version of
Hailstorm provided I get the newest code from them in time.

I will be covering what the tools are, what they do, and basics of
strengths/weaknesses I've found from my experience. This research
will be published on http://www.owasp.org as a resource for people
wanting to know what's out there, and I will try to keep it up to date.

I'm not a one-man test lab so I don't foresee in-depth analysis with
metrics, etc., but it's better than what we have now for a unified
vendor-neutral resource on tools, which is nothing.

Arian Evans
Sr. Security Engineer
FishNet Security

Phone:  816.421.6611