WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: How to list all the URLs on a web server

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:10:48 -0800

I am wondering if there is a tool or another method where I could find
out all the URLs on the web site.   The funny thing is I saw this same
kind of system with the same explanation just the other week at another
company.  Maybe its a new trend...

Would something like a DNS Dig help you out? Maybe show some other web
servers. (Not sure how the links work.. are they subdomains, or
different directories, or all in one place?) Also, if the directory
listing isn't protected, you could try to grab the list of files from
there like this:

Original link is - http://www.the-web-server.com/files/some-file.exe
Try going here - http://www.the-web-server.com/files/

At one time I was playing with a program that allowed me to scan a
domain and it would find all subdomains. I can't remember for the life
of me what the name was. *sigh* It's going to bother me till I find
it, so I'll let you know when I do. ;)

Beyond that and using a spider to crawl the links, I'm drawing a
blank. If there any way a user could view the Db of file locations
this progrm knows? (INI, DAT, Registry, etc)

--
Peace. ~G