WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Automagic webapp testing tools

From: "Leigh Morresi" <leighm () linuxbandwagon com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:53:50 +1000

I use a took called AutoIT to script some events, i can make the
coldfusion stuff at work fall over after a while if i repeat the same
process a thousand times :)

leigh

On 18/3/2005, "robert () dyadsecurity com" <robert () dyadsecurity com> wrote:

Evans, Arian(Arian.Evans () fishnetsecurity com)@Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:35:58PM -0600:
4. No substitute for manual testing.

In my mind, these tools are most powerful when used by the manual
testers.  It allows for a stimulus to be consistently applied to all inputs in
the application the same way every time.  No human has the stamina for
that on a large app :).

That said, the commercial tools I've evaluated are all lacking in
important features.  I think it's still an immature market with plenty
of room for new players who have good ideas.

Robert

--
Robert E. Lee
CTO, Dyad Security, Inc.

--
There's an interesting phenomenon that's known as "Andy giveth, and
Bill taketh away" No matter how fast processors get, software