WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Early Registration Ending Soon: 2nd US OWASP AppSec Conference - Oct 11-12 - Near DC

From: "Dave Wichers" <conferences () owasp org>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:19:27 -0400

I just wanted to remind everyone that early registration for the OWASP conference ends on Sept 9th (this Friday). On Sept 10. the registration fee will increase by $50 for both Standard and Government registrants. Full details on the conference are available at: http://www.owasp.org/conferences/appsec2005dc.html

Also, I have been informed by the staff at NIST that there will be NO ONSITE REGISTRATION. Thus, you must register for the conference by Oct 10th via the website. We then have to provide a list of registrants to the Guards at NIST. You will be required to provide them with picture ID. If you are on the registration list, they will then let you enter the facility to the conference building where you can pick up your conference badge.

Also, the training class on Oct 10, the day before the conference, is almost full so I encourage anyone interested in signing up to do so soon. If there are enough registrants over the course max, we might open up a second offering of the class at the same date and location. However, we need to decide this soon so we can reserve the room. So please register for the course as soon as possible if you are interested to ensure you get a spot.

Registration info from previous announcements repeated below:

REGISTRATION DETAILS: As a non-profit charitable organization, and with
NIST's sponsorship, OWASP has been able to keep the cost to $300 per seat if
you are able to register prior to Sept. 10, 2005. The cost to government
employees is only $250 prior to Sept. 10th.

Registration information is available at:
http://www.owasp.org/docroot/owasp/Registration/index.jsp

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TICKETS ARE NON REFUNDABLE TO REDUCE ADMINISTRATION
COSTS

FOUNDATIONS OF APPLICATION SECURITY COURSE - Oct 10: OWASP has arranged to
have a one-day hands on Web Application Security training course the day
prior to the conference. This one day class will be held at the nearby
Holiday Inn and is only $600 for conference attendees. Registration for this
course can be done via the conference registration page.

More details on this training course is available at:
http://www.owasp.org/conferences/appsec2005dc/training.html

EVENING SOCIAL EVENT - Oct 11: An optional dinner event is being held at the
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, which is the same location where the training is
to be held on the 10th, and where discounted rooms are being made available
to all conference attendees (see Accommodations below).

This event involves a dinner at the hotel from 7-9 PM, followed by drinks at
O'Malley's Irish Pub right in the hotel or out by the hotel's indoor pool
adjacent to the pub. We hope to see all of you there as this is a great
chance to mingle and meet many members of the OWASP community.

Please contact me with any questions. Looking forward to seeing you all
there!

Thanks, Dave

Dave Wichers, OWASP Conferences Chair
The OWASP Foundation