WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: myspace hack

From: rSYN <rsyn () cyborg9 net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:35:48 -0700

The author of the code has written a detailed technical explanation
available here:

http://namb.la/popular/

link to technical explanation near top. The code exploited myspace in
that it allowed javascript in css portion of homepage editor. if you
viewed an infected persons profile, it made the author your hero. then
it inserted the code into your profile so the next person who viewd your
profile would get infected.

google "samy is my hero"