WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Spi's products worth a try? Or any suggestions for developer s' tool?

From: Jeff Robertson <jeff.robertson () digitalinsight com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:37:54 -0500

I would suggest that what will reduce the testers' time is teaching the
developers to code securely. I know that sounds like a tautology, but
they're going to have to know it anyway if you expect them to make sense of
what they get out of a scan.

In any case, I would think that source code analysis would be the most
useful tool for developers. Developers think in terms of code, and you
aren't going to change that. Hit them where they live.

Sorry, I can't recommend any ;-)

Jeff Robertson
Manager of Web Application Security
Digital Insight