WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: XSS?

From: "Serg B." <serg.belokamen () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 03:20:49 +1100

I really dont see a problem here?

Vulnerability? What are you on about? Simple, expected redirect (key
word: expected).

Here is a more in context example.

Lets say you have some sort of managment system (lets say a CRM of some
sort) and you search for user with name 'A'. Returned result set
contains 20 matches. You are presented with a list and you choose which
one you want to look at in details. However if result set returned is a
single, exact match then there is absolutely no point showing a list of
matches since we already know that there is only a single match. Hence,
go directly to data, saving time and effort.

   Serg