WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: XSS?

From: "Matt Fisher" <mfisher () spidynamics com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:14:54 -0500

[ Bit late, way behind on mail  ]

The standard thing I've seen done, particularly on .gov's is to have a
"redirection message" that says "You are now being redirected to .....
Please note that this site is not affiliated with xyz.  You will be
redirected in 3 seconds".

Seems that would fix the issue of people confusing the final site as
being google.  I don't consider this a vuln either, and not even much of
a phishing 'enabler'.  Google doesn't frame the site, they 302 to it.
You can only hold hands for so long ... at some point people have to
realize the url has completely changed and they're not on google