WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Mambo, Coppermine and PHPBB Attacks

From: "John Cobb" <johnc () nobytes com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:26:47 -0000

Hi Ryan,

I have also noticed a lot of attacks recently.
I think this is possibly thanks to a new worm/irc bot running on *nix.

Recent report I have received:

Requests with error response codes
    403 Forbidden
       /: 1 Time(s)
    404 Not Found
       /Forums/admin/admin_styles.phpadmin_styles ... cho%20YYY;echo|: 2
Time(s)
       /blog/xmlrpc.php: 1 Time(s)
       /blog/xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php: 1 Time(s)
       /blogs/xmlsrv/xmlrpc.php: 1 Time(s)
       /drupal/xmlrpc.php: 1 Time(s)
       /modules/Forums/admin/admin_styles.phpadmi ... cho%20YYY;echo|: 2
Time(s)
       /phpgroupware/xmlrpc.php: 1 Time(s)
       /sumthin: 1 Time(s)
       /wordpress/xmlrpc.php: 1 Time(s)