WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: MSIE session cookies

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:03:46 +0000

Hi,
Thank you all for your responses.  I have paros fiddler and webscarab
and think there all good tools.  However what i would really like to
do is read the cookies directly from memory.  I want to be able to
read cookies which have already been set.  possibly monitor when that
memory is accessed

Session cookies don't appear to be stored in files which implies they are
only held in RAM.
This is what i think i have tried lookingon google for anymore
infomation but i am unableto find any.

I think the simplist way to do this would be to patch the MSIE api
calls for cookies.

Any Ideas, pappers or usefull programs would be aprieciate

Richard