WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [Full-disclosure] 4 Questions: Latest IE vulnerability, Firefox vs IE security, User vs Admin risk profile, and browsers coded in 100% Managed Verifiable code

From: Pilon Mntry <pilonmntry () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:58:10 -0800 (PST)

of creating a
full-featured
browser, from scratch, with usability as good as IE
and Firefox
strikes me as a fairly tricky project.

I agree.

What about
using the
facilities already provided by the OS to enforce the
sandbox?

But then will it be possible to prevent buffer
overflows, still running on unmanaged code?

Very nice points by Dinis, esp. the one about the
"advantages" of using our boxes with less privileges
(for internet browsing).

-pilon