WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: [WEB SECURITY] SSL does not = a secure website

From: "James Strassburg" <JStrassburg () directs com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:16:09 -0600

There are additional countermeasures that a web application can
implement.  For example, the app could have the user enter his/her
password by clicking an onscreen keyboard or ask the user for random
characters from their password (enter the 2nd, 4th and 10th character of
your password).  I should state that while I've read about these I don't
know of a web application that makes use of them.

James Strassburg