WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia: Good news, everyone. Adverts are now distinct

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:12:23 +1100

Hi there,

As you'll see below, there is now a clear delination between our posts and the sponsor's ad.

I received what seems to be a private e-mail from a SecurityFocus engineer explaining things. As I feel it is a private e-mail, I will not forward it, so I will paraphrase it instead.

* SecurityFocus have adjusted the footer so it's clearer
* SF has sold ads on other, more established lists for some time
* As webappsec is a young list, advertising has not been sold until recently
* Expect ads to come and go as they are bought and sold
* As Ory will most likely attest, sponsors do not influence the content of this list unless they post to it - it's all you folks.

If there are errors in this paraphrasing, they are mine. Please e- mail me privately if you'd like to discuss this further, but I'm more interested in how we might improve the list so that it is more useful to you.

thanks,
Andrew