WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Is logoff feature necessary

From: "Daniel Persson" <mailto.woden () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:22:24 +0200

Hey.

If you take out the security issue then it's still a good idea to put
a logoff feature for future use. If you need to clean up after a
session that is usually a good point to do it. And for user sense of
security it's good practise to use it. Even if you don't beleave the
security will increase the customer could interpret it as a more
secure and wellthough of security application.

And then we have the uncertenty of the browser. Even if there is a
good chance that all user information is purged everytime you close
the browser, because that is the general practise, you can't be
certent of that.

So convice your developer to make the effort.

best regards

Daniel

On 2 May 2006 07:41:02 -0000, test.future () gmail com