WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Is logoff feature necessary

From: ViersOnline <viers () free fr>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 11:47:46 +0200

If the developer says so, he coded it. He has surely set a cookie, a phpsessionid, or whatever, valid just for a session (in short yes it's possible to do it).
Hard to say if he did what he pretended to do, without more information.

But if you have any doubt, why not just checking by yourself?

Login, close the browser, restart, try to get acces to the webapp without logging in again, and check wether he's right.

--
viers

test.future () gmail com wrote:

We have a web applicaiton which do not have logoff button. The developer claims that it is unnecessary, since the
session can be terminated by closing the browser. Is it correct? Thanks.

The Twelve Most Common Application-level Hack Attacks
Hackers continue to add billions to the cost of doing business online despite security executives' efforts to prevent malicious attacks. This whitepaper identifies the most common methods of attacks that we have seen, and outlines a guideline for developing secure web applications. Download this whitepaper today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/whitepapers.aspx?id=701300000007t9r