WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: MYSQL and PHP

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:16:23 -0400

On May 15, 2006, at 2:07 PM, John Madden wrote:

Hi,

First off i'm not a PHP programmer but I would like to
know the following:

Is it standard to use INC files to store MYSQL db
connections settings (username and password)?

What else could you do to make this "safer" ?

I presume Apache looks for files with extention
"*.INC" and does not processes them, right ?

Thanks you

Hi-

No, Apache, by default will treat inc files as plain text and hand them to the browser. If I need to have files that are web accessible and included, I use the php extension to force them to be processed.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net
The next step in IDS analysis!