WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: MYSQL and PHP

From: "Wall, Kevin" <Kevin.Wall () qwest com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 00:35:29 -0500

For Windows, I'd say that using DPAPI is the way to do, using the
IIS_USERxxx
or similar user's credentials to do the encryption.

Michael Howard...are you out there? Doesn't Microsoft recommend using
DPAPI
(which if I'm not mistaken is not part of the .NET 2.0 Framework)?

---
Kevin W. Wall           Qwest Information Technology, Inc.
Kevin.Wall () qwest com Phone: 614.215.4788
"The reason you have people breaking into your software all
over the place is because your software sucks..."
 -- Former whitehouse cybersecurity advisor, Richard Clarke,
    at eWeek Security Summit