WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Comparison report on web app security scanners

From: "Dean H. Saxe" <dean () fullfrontalnerdity com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:38:24 -0400

I'm with Mark on this.

In the past I worked on a banking app that by design tracked user state through the application. If you didn't follow the workflow, you didn't get access to a particular URL. Are you saying that your scanner, and all others, will fail against this type of application?

I have to believe its more common than you think based on the web app pen testing I have done.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CEH
dean () fullfrontalnerdity com
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    --Einstein

Find out about my Hike for Discovery at www.fullfrontalnerdity.com/hfd