WebApp Sec mailing list archives

New Version of FireMaster ( Firefox Master Password Recovery Tool ) is released

From: "Nagareshwar Talekar" <tnagareshwar () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 01:50:45 +0530

Hi guys,

        I am very much delighted to announce that FireMaster version
2.1 is finally released  with its new features and new speed.

You can have a look at it here
http://nagmatrix.50webs.com/article_firemaster.html

For those who don't know....
FireMaster,   first one of its kind,  is the Firefox master password
recovery tool. It supports various methods such as dictionary, hybrid
and brute force techniques to recover the master password from the
firefox key database file. Since its initial release in Jan 1, 2006
its speed  has increased exponentially and currently it is operating
at a speed of 50,000 passwords/sec to 100,000 passwords/sec depending
upon low end or high end machine.

Thanks to the guys who have reported the bugs and also thanks for
sharing with me FireMaster's success stories.

See Also
    Firefox Offline Password Decryptor
                 http://nagmatrix.50webs.com/article_firepassword.html

    PESpin Plugin for ImpREC
                http://nagmatrix.50webs.com/article_pespinplugin.html

    How to find  Reference/Load Count of DLL in a Process
               http://nagmatrix.50webs.com/article_dllrefcount.html

Bugs and Suggestions are welcome ...

--- Nagareshwar Talekar
   Senior Software Engineer