WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Fwd: SF new article announcement: Ajax security basics

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:43:18 +1000

This was posted to SecurityFocus.com yesterday.

Their article is eerily similar to my Ajax presentation from February (particularly if you've seen me give the presentation), and even more similar to the draft Ajax chapter I wrote shortly after for the OWASP Guide (now posted to our Wiki - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/ Ajax_and_Other_%22Rich%22_Interface_Technologies). Hmmmm. As the saying goes, this is the best form of flattery. I suppose.

If you haven't had a chance to read up on Ajax security, their article is a start... as is my presentation (http://www.greebo.net/? page_id=329) and the draft chapter in the OWASP Guide 3.0 current.

thanks,
Andrew

Begin forwarded message:

Ajax security basics
By Jaswinder S. Hayre, and Jayasankar Kelath
2006-06-19

The purpose of this article is to introduce some of the security implications with modern Ajax web technologies. Though Ajax applications can be more difficult to test, security professionals already have most of relevant approaches and tools needed.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1868