WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Open Source Application Vulnerability Assessment Tools

From: "Brokken, Allen P." <BrokkenA () missouri edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:40:19 -0500

On this list we talk a lot about various vendor provided tools quite a
bit.  In general it appears most solutions are Windows-centric in their
installation even if they work against multiple platforms.

With the prevalence of LAMP systems I would figure there must be some
means of doing a security assessment on their applications with native
tools.  It seems odd to me that there isn't a NESSUS equivalent for
application testing.  I'm wondering what is available from the Open
Source community in the way of

* Black Box web assessment software
* Source code assessment software
* Assessment management software

I'm more looking for names/urls to projects than I am for any
comparisons or descriptions.

Allen Brokken

Information Security and Account Management - IAT Services - University
of Missouri -brokkena () missouri edu - (573)884-8708