WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Files upload security considerations

From: "Alexander Berezhnoy" <alexander.berezhnoy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:12:52 +0300

Hi!

Recently we have got a new requirement for our system which consists
in allowing customers to send us their scanned documents. In this
connexion, I want to find an information about corresponding security
considerations with.

Namely,

- Ways of file delivery  (HTTP POST, FTP, e-mail)
- Main risks
- Mitigations
- Formats (JPG, GIF, PDF)
- Signatures
- Known and historic vulnerabilities

We use Weblogic and Struts.

I realize, that there is not enough information to make any decision,
but, at least, there sould be some common considerations and "best
practices".

Thanks in advance,
Alexander.