WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: CSRF through POST

From: chr1x <chr1x () sectester net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:59:17 -0600

Hi Robin,

I went over your question and looks pretty interesting, so, as Boaz
said, the way that you can use is Javascript to do the job.

Take this example:

<form name="myform" action="handle-data.php">
Search: <input type='text' name='query' />
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
function submitform()
{
  document.myform.submit();
}
</script>

Javascript uses a submit() method which is used for HTML Forms in
order to send data over HTTP POST method. In this case, you can
configure the Javascript given as example as you required.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you require more information and/or help

- ---
[CubilFelino Security Research Lab] http://chr1x.sectester.net
The computer security is an art form. It's the ultimate martial art."
New Forum at: http://www.sectester.net. Share your knowledge!

boaz.shunami () rsa com escribió:
You can also have a javascript event that will fire the submit button
automatically and hence will send the post parameters.

Thanks,

Boaz