WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: CSRF through POST

From: Amish Shah <amish () net-square com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:56:02 +0530

Hi Robin,

You find CSRF through POST with example at,

http://blog.runxc.com/post/2009/07/06/CSRF-by-Example-How-to-do-it-How-to-defend-it.aspx

--Amish

Robin Wood wrote:
2009/12/16 arvind doraiswamy <arvind.doraiswamy () gmail com>:

Hey Robin,
You shouldn't worry about GET or POST. A CSRF will happen in both
places. Its just that the GET is easier and more visible.

For a POST you could either use OWASP's CSRF Tester to record and
replay a request. Or you could create a HTML page manually with all
hidden variables and just a button as a POC.

It is this bit I was after info on, I could think of a way that I
would attempt a POST but wanted to see research others had done.

As it turns out I've had quite a few good leads passed across, thanks
to everyone. Most work in a similar way but all have slight variations
that are useful to know about when trying to work out the best way to
attack a target.

Robin

Cheers
Arvind