WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Burp - Match and Replace

From: arvind doraiswamy <arvind.doraiswamy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:28:11 +0530

Hi All,
We are using Burp 1.3 to intercept traffic. While using the Match and
Replace feature, we're trying to replace all parameters which have a
blank value with some payload. So for eg. A POST with parameters in
the POST body as a=&b=2&c= should result in a=xyz&b=2&c=xyz if we give
xyz as the replacement string. This works perfectly if we replace in
the Response Body in Burp .. however in case it is a GET request and
we try and replace the same in the Request Header it replaces only the
first instance. So for eg. In a GET request it becomes a=xyz&b=2&c= .
Notice that the value of c remains blank.

Has anyone else faced similar problems? Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks
Arvind

This list is sponsored by Cenzic
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
http://www.cenzic.com/2009HClaunch_Securityfocus