Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Conversations and Endpoints

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:24:55 -0800

On Dec 10, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Clif Bratcher wrote:

I've opened the following bugs (patches included in bugzilla) to allow IPv6 node visibility in the Conversations and
Endpoints windows.

4317 - IPv6 dissector tap hook
4313 - IPv6 tab in Conversations window
4318 - IPv6 tab in Endpoints window

This little feature has made monitoring IPv6 node activity much easier.  Hope they're useful to someone else too!

Thanks.  All your changes have been checked in.

I added to TShark a conv,ipv6 statistic, using your tap hook, and updated the Wireshark and TShark man pages to mention
conv,ipv6.

Is there any reason not to have the IPv6 tap provide a structure similar to what the IPv4 tap provides, with full
address structures in it?