Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: In which release was 6LoWPAN dissector added?

From: Beth <beth.tridium () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:30:48 -0500

Thanks for your input!  I am inspired.  ;)

I just figured out, if I tweak the other plugins slightly then they should
work fine with both branches.  Then all I have to document is "if you get a
message about duplicate 6LoWPAN protocols, just delete the 6lowpan.dll
plugin".

I will also recommend against installing 1.3.x releases, however if the
6lowpan dissector is added someday to a future "stable" release then we will
be ready for it.

(I realize I could also rename our 6lowpan protocol so there is no name
clash, but I think it's better to keep it so we get a warning if/when the
builtin dissector ever shows up.)

Thanks again.
b.