Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Disabling Port Number Translation

From: "George Peaslee" <gpeaslee () verizon net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:24:47 -0600

Disable transport name resolution.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Merton Campbell Crockett" <m.c.crockett () roadrunner com>
To: "Community support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:15 AM
Subject: [Wireshark-users] Disabling Port Number Translation

I just downloaded the 32-bit Windows version of Wireshark 1.2.4 to look at
packets.  I looked in Preferences but can't find where to force Wireshark
to display numeric port numbers.

Translating port numbers to names wouldn't be so irritating if the
ephemeral port used in the connection was left in its numeric form.

Enough of the tirade, where do I disable port number translation in
Preferences?  I do want the numeric port number displayed.

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett () roadrunner com