Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Disabling Port Number Translation

From: "j.snelders" <j.snelders () telfort nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:30:52 +0100

Hi Merton,

Edit -> Preferences... -> Name Resolution -> uncheck Enable transport name
resolution
Quit Wireshark and launch it again.

Best regards
Joan

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:15:53 -0800 Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

I just downloaded the 32-bit Windows version of Wireshark 1.2.4 to look
at
packets.  I looked in Preferences but can't find where to force Wireshark
to display numeric port numbers.

Translating port numbers to names wouldn't be so irritating if the ephemeral
port used in the connection was left in its numeric form.

Enough of the tirade, where do I disable port number translation in Preferences?
I do want the numeric port number displayed.

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett () roadrunner com