Wireshark mailing list archives

Wireshark utility problem with openflow-netfpga switch

From: rahul kundu <rahulkun () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 22:33:38 -0400

Hello

I am working on openflow switch
http://www.openflowswitch.org/wk/index.php/CentOS_NetFPGA_Install on netfpga
board. It uses wireshark for packet analysis and openflow git repository for
openflow has also support for wireshark. In addition it installs few
packages

sudo yum -y groupinstall "X Window System"
sudo yum -y install wireshark wireshark-gnome glib2-devel

After all, I kind of see wireshark in applications and can run wireshark
from command window. It asks for root password for authentication and
silently return. I don't see a GUI or command line for wireshark at all.
when i do

ps aux | grep wireshark, it does show an entry among running processes. What
could be the problem here.

Rahul