Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Dissecting a Protocol with multiple static TCP ports

From: Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:10:14 -0400

Craig Bumpstead wrote:
Bill,

Thanks for the quick response. That setting is off.
The first and second packets are TCP port 4435 and 21016 which it decodes.
However from that point on it doesn't decode packets with
TCP port 4435.

I loath posting my code, but obviously I am making a mistake somewhere.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the code.

A question: What is actually shown in Wireshark for the packets not
decoded ?

Are they decoded as TCP ? As some other protocol ?