Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 35213: /trunk/docbook/wsdg_src/ /trunk/docbook/wsdg_src/: WSDG_chapter_build_intro.xml WSDG_preface.xml

From: Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:53:09 -0500

On 12/17/2010 7:43 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 04:02:30PM -0500, Bill Meier wrote:
I've begun the process of integrating README.developer into the WSDG
with the intent of doing away with README.developer (and also maybe
eventually integrating and removing the other doc/README's).

I decided to list the README.developer contributors under the preface
as below.  If anyone feels I should handle this differently,please let
me know.

I'm rather unhappy about that. I really prefer documentation that is
still readable/searchable with less/vi/grep.
Was there a consensus that I missed or is this just your personal
decision?

Thanks
        Joerg

It seemed like a good idea to me.  I find trying to read
README.developer rather tedious, altho I do agree that a plain text file
can be grep'ed and etc.

If there's feeling that README.developer should be left as is, then I
can certainly revert the changes.

Bill