Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Why isn't libwireshark.def autogenerated?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:08:32 -0700

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:57:29AM +0100, Andreas wrote:

When you look at the libwireshark.def it seems that definitions have
been added or removed just as the needs appeared.

Correct.

For example in rev 34876 the function proto_item_append_string is
added to the exported functions. The header file proto.h that declares
(and documents) this function is not changed since rev 34466. So I
can't think of any reason to add this symbol to the export list than
that anybody was asking for it.

That's exactly why I commited that SVN revision (but it was 34867).