Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: nfs attrs

From: Mag Gam <magawake () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:56:53 -0500

This works, is there a way to reduce the size of my dump? Basically, I
just want these stats but really not the data.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Feb 18, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Mag Gam wrote:

I am currently doing a tcpdump (tcpdump -i eth1 -w /tmp/out).

Try

       tcpdump -i eth1 -s 65535 -w /tmp/out

instead.  Otherwise, you will be capturing only the first 68 or 96 bytes of the packet, so Wireshark won't be able to
see very much of the NFS request or response.