Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: nfs attrs

From: Mag Gam <magawake () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:08:31 -0500

sorry for being vague.

The OS i am using is Linux.

The information I am trying to capture is, "what user is trying to
access what file/directory" using NFS or Samba. Samba is pretty easy
but NFS is very hard to figure out whats going on.

I will bite the bullet and capture NFS traffic into a file.

Is it possible to do a display filter with 'tcpdump' on CLI? I don't
want to run out of memory when trying to read my dump file. It would
be nice if I can just get the NFS packet numbers and then I can query
more details about the particular packet.