Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Reliability?

From: Steve Smith <smithzsteve () googlemail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:03:32 +0000

**What have you got in display options ?  I have this problem frequently
trying to capture intermittent voip issues that might not occur for days.

I had much more success unticking update list in real time, and ticking hide
capture dialog.  The only way to see it is capturing is the status bar
counter, watching the packet counter go up.  That would then run for days.

Updating list in real time brought it to its knees pretty quick.

I usually go for 50mb files because they're easy to work with and can be
joined together easy enough if reqd.

*
*

*