Wireshark mailing list archives

wireshark file not showing all packets but showing only the first frame..

From: prashanth s <prbanglore () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 01:05:41 +0530

Hi all,

I had captured a trace two days ago, using tcpdump and using the -w option
wrote that to a .pcap file. The pcap file was showing all the TCP segments
clearly from SYN to FIN. Its size is 28 KB.
But suddenly now there is an error diplayed when I open the pcap:  "The
capture file appears to have been cut short in the middle of a packet."
Also only one ethernet frame is shown instead of all the frames. No TCP is
shown now. The size of the pcap file has not changed however. This is true
for all other pcaps for TCP traffic I captured today. Some of them are well
over 2 mb. But its only one frame is displayed when I open the pcap. They
also display the same error message before the file is opened. Could any of
you suggest the remedy for this, it would be of great help to me.

Regards,
Prashanth