Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Failing to get my tree to show - problem solved, but I don't understand why

From: Kaul <mykaul () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:48:31 +0200

Well, I solved the problem - but I still don't get why it's working. I've
copied what packet-vnc.c does:
After getting the conversation object, get the per-packet info. If none
exist, I create one and copy the protocol conversation state machine to it.
Then, I act upon the state *from the packet info*. Everything works
beautifully afterwards (attached changed code - mainly the addition in lines
290-297 - which fetch the per packet information and use it.)

I'd still be happy to understand why this works now (also as a lesson for
others).
Y.