Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Identification of Fragmented UDP Packets

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:47:18 -0800

On Jan 21, 2010, at 8:31 PM, Eddie wrote:

I guess then, this doesn't really help with why I started doing the
investigation, as this seems to be WireShark specific, not something in
the "data".

Yup.  Any issues caused by a snapshot length less than the maximum packet size will be seen only by Wireshark (or
whatever program is looking at the packets), not by any other hardware or software.

The section I was looking at, was Appendix D:3.

OK, I've checked in a fix, and tagged it for inclusion in the source for the next 1.2.x and 1.0.x releases.