Wireshark mailing list archives

filtering not working

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab () darkcornersoftware com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:58:55 -0500

Wiresharkers

My filtering does come up in the GUI wireshark window (when I type in
helen.)...but when I hit the "apply" button on (for example: )
helen.flowname =="SA_EX ".. I get no matches.

Here is what I have in the code:

static gint hf_helen_flowname = -1;

static gint ett_helen_flowname = -1;

        { &hf_helen_flowname,
            { "Flowname", "helen.flowname", FT_STRING, BASE_NONE, NULL, 0x0,
            "Flowname", HFILL}},

&ett_helen_flowname,

proto_tree_add_string_format(helen_sub_tree, hf_helen_flowname, tvb,
offset, 8, 0,
       "Flowname: %s", flowname);

In the tree... I will get as output:   Flowname:  SA_EX

So in theory... I should be able to do:   helen.flowname == "SA_EX"
correct..??

But when I do this... I get no matches.

Anybody know why..?? Or am I filtering wrong..??

Thanks,
Brian