Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: WireShark is not working on my pc

From: Boonie <newsboonie () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:24:43 +0100

Hi Rick,

Try toggle the setting for promiscuous mode. Not all wifi cards like this to
be on.
(ctrl-i >>> options)

Dave

2010/3/5 <Rick.Saenz () verizonwireless com>

  Dear Support,

I have installed wireshark 1.2.6 on my Lenovo laptop w500. I have a Pentech
5750 air card that I want to capture data on. My computer is equipped with
wi-fi also and wireshark works on that application. Can you give me some
direction to get my wireshark to capture data from my aircard Pentech 5750?