Wireshark mailing list archives

TCP connection is still in ESTABLISH state actually it is disconnected

From: Bo Xu <xubo.leo () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 02:16:47 +0800

Hello Guys ,

         Today I have found 2 TCP connection is in ESTABLISH state while the
peer side said they have already disconnected the connection ,

but even they stopped the application , the 2 TCP connection is till there
:(  .

         Now I am wondering when the OS will release these 2 fake ESTABLISH
connection .  I digged this issue by google , and I have found

these parameter in  my OS which is AIX 5.8 .  So AIX will release these 2
connection according the tcp_keepidle (2 hours ) , Am I right ?

And what tcp_keepintvl  stands for ?

        tcp_keepidle = 14400
             tcp_keepinit = 150
            tcp_keepintvl = 150