Wireshark mailing list archives

Configuration Profiles

From: "Fred Marshall" <fmarshall () centurytel net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 12:35:51 -0700

Does this make sense?:

In the menu item Edit / Configuration Profiles there is the ability to list
"profiles"

This is a great start but I wonder if there aren't a couple of things that
would considerably strengthen this list:

1)      The ability to launch / focus on / create context for a profile from
a pulldown or ... ?  I think I figured it out but it was pretty weird.

2)      A rather more direct way to define a profile?  I found myself
guessing a lot before I was able to define 3 profiles (one for each active
interface) by hopping between various dialog boxes.  There was a real danger
that I'd modify an already-defined profile while trying to create a new one.

The wiki doesn't address "Configuration Profile" so the way of using this
notion remains obscure?

Should there be a Wish List item or items?

Thanks,

Fred