Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Configuration Profiles

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 16:29:38 +0200

Hi,

Check the User's Guide chapter 10.6. Configuration Profiles

For
the rest it's pretty straight forward: Select a profile, setup the stuff
you want, rinse and repeat.

Thanks,
Jaap

On Tue, 4 May 2010 12:35:51
-0700, "Fred Marshall"  wrote:

Does this make sense?:

In the menu
item Edit / Configuration Profiles there is the ability to list "profiles"

This is a great start but I wonder if there aren't a couple of things
that would considerably strengthen this list:

1) The ability to launch /
focus on / create context for a profile from a pulldown or ….. ? I think I
figured it out but it was pretty weird.

2) A rather more direct way to
define a profile? I found myself guessing a lot before I was able to define
3 profiles (one for each active interface) by hopping between various
dialog boxes. There was a real danger that I'd modify an already-defined
profile while trying to create a new one.

The wiki doesn't address
"Configuration Profile" so the way of using this notion remains obscure?

Should there be a Wish List item or items?

Thanks,

Fred