Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to disable "no packets captured" dialog?

From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 03:26:05 +0000 (UTC)

On 2011-04-01, Guy Harris <guy@...> wrote:
E.g., add a "Don't show this dialog again" checkbox.

I may have to put that on my list of things to work on in my spare
time.  I don't find that dialog helpful in the least, and it's just a
jarring interruption of my work-flow.

Another possibility would be to display the "No packets captured!" message in
the status bar instead, using statusbar_push_temporary_msg() in place of
simple_dialog() in capture.c.

That would certainly be less intrusive -- though I think the absence
of captured packets itself is a pretty good indication that no packets
were captured.

--
Grant