Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to disable "no packets captured" dialog?

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 20:46:45 +0200

On 1 apr 2011, at 20:16, Grant Edwards wrote:

I'm getting _so_ tired of dismissing the "no packets captured" dialog.
Thanks, but I can _see_ that there were no packets captured.  I don't
need to be nagged about it.

Please, please, how can I disable the "no packets captured" dialog?

There is currently no way to disable the "no packets captured" dialog. To disable the dialog you need to change some
code in capture.c and build your own version of Wireshark. Or you could file an enhancement request on
https://bugs.wireshark.org and hope that someone finds the time and interest to make that dialog configurable.

Cheers,

Sake