Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Simplifying (and fixing) tvbuff [Long]

From: Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 17:23:55 -0500

On 12/12/2011 4:55 PM, Bill Meier wrote:

I've attached new versions of tvbuff-int.h and tvbuff.c with revised
code for managing REAL_DATA and SUBSET tvb's. The changes are fairly
simple. Wireshark seems to work AOK with the new versions (although I
certainly haven't yet done extensive testing).

Attached are:

1.  a diff for tvbuff.h, tvbuff-int.h and tvbuff.h for my changes.

2. a diff file for other changes:
- replaced tvb_free with tvb_free-chain in epan/libwireshark.def
- replaced tvb_free() by tvb_free_chain() in:
  packet-cip.c
  packet-giop.c
  packet-http.c
  packet-kerberos.c