Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [semi-OT] request second opinion on possible bugs in OS TCP window and SACK implementation

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:05:50 +0100

On 17 jan 2011, at 06:27, Alan Tu wrote:

For the difficult connection, the client correctly increments its
TSval value. If the ACKs from the client were being received by the
server, the TSecr sent by the server would be incremented per #2
above. However, the server's TSecr consistently refers to the TSval of
the packet containing the HTTP GET request. Therefore it stands to
reason the server is not receiving any additional ACK.

Nice :-)

I never thought of checking the timestamps to validate my hypothesis, we learn every day, thanks!

Oh BTW, you can output the timestamps with:

tshark -r sack_fail.pcap -T fields -e tcp.options.timestamp.tsval -e tcp.options.timestamp.tsecr

Cheers,

Sake