Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Multiple messages in one UDP packet

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 08:38:53 +1100

Network management protocols like VRRP or OSPF have this function
(multiple PDUs in the one UDP frame) so check their dissectors for an
example.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99 () gmail com

On 19 March 2011 00:08, Chipi <norbert.kocsis () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I have to write a dissector for an internal protocol over UDP. In some cases
the UDP packets can contain multiple messages (only full messages, so there
wont be any message split up into two UDP packets), and I would like to know
if there is a way to display multiple messages from an udp packet, like
MySQL dissector does over TCP? (it uses tcp_dissect_pdus, but as I saw,
there's no similar functions for udp)
I looked around but I couldn't figure out how to call my dissector multiple
times for the same packet.

So it should look like this:
-- FRAME
-- ETHERNET II FRAME